Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - December 15, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon Dec 15 14:14:46 CST 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - December 15, 2008

This Issue
- WYC Clothing
- Mooring Notices
- New Docks
- Winter Seminars
- LOWISA No-Boat Regatta
- Pick Up Your Trophies

WYC CLOTHING
What is the point of being a cool sailor at WYC if the only people who know
this are the other cool people at WYC? Do yourself a favor and pick up some
fancy WYC branded clothing from our clothing partner Coral Reef. Coral Reef
has also suggested some additional fancy items to choose from. Jackets,
fleece, technical wear, lots of cool stuff.

Remember, you can get pretty much anything embroidered at Coral Reef with
WYC on it along with your boat name and sail number. They also have a
closeout products page, and 15% of your purchase comes back to WYC programs.

Ship Store
http://coralreefsailing.net/wayzata_yacht_club

Suggested Items
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/Images/temp/Ship%20Store%20Apparel.pdf

MOORING NOTICES
Hopefully you've seen a mooring notice by now in your e-mail box. A print
version is following via snail mail. You can pay online and get it done
right now. If you want to send a check for payment in full you can take a
2.5% discount. Your $100 crane card is included in your mooring fee.

Sailing might seem expensive, but on a per-use basis it's one of the least
expensive sports going. Our mooring rates remain a fraction of what you see
from regular marinas, and that's not including the world class racing,
wonderful friends, and free beer. Reserve your slip asap this year!

NEW DOCKS
We have a few extra slips this year from the new docks we are currently
installing. These are new style premium floating docks. Since new sailboat
racing programs don't just sprout up at a moments notice, we expect some
power boats in these slips at first. So spread the word to any friends you
know who might be looking for a nice mooring, even if they drive a stink
pot.

WINTER SEMINARS
Beth Frampton has a big show lined up for this winter. We're staring with
THE Dave Perry on January 17th talking about the new rules for 2009. This is
expected to have such a big crowd it's location has been moved to the
Ridgedale Library.

After that it's one Thursday per month with Ernie Brody telling lies, Kadi
O'Daniel with First Aid, Terry Foster with more lies, and Lars Hansen
telling lies about Match Racing.

LOWISA NO BOAT REGATTA
The No Boat Regatta is a the perfect opportunity to find out what it's all
about. You'll meet LOWISA sailors, hear their stories, see photos, perhaps
make some plans, and definitely have fun. If you have participated, please
come and share your stories.