Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - November 8, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sat Nov 8 15:32:30 CST 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - November 8, 2008

This Issue
- Banquet
- Silent Auction
- Annual Meeting
- Shack Cup
- Scoltes Family Benefit
- Slideshow Photos

BANQUET
Hey, the stock market seems to have bottemed out so don't skip the banquet and miss all the fun just because your retirement fund is down.  For $60 a head this is a great deal to be with your friends, the sirloin, pork, and salmon dinner is pretty darn good, the band rocks, the auction is a hoot, the trophies are spectacular, and the girls and guys look so hot when they're all dressed up. Sign up now, just be there.

Deadline: Monday is the deadline to get a table for the banquet! It's a bit late to mail it in, but you can e-mail the PDF form or try calling it in.  Here is the PDF form
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/forms-docs/Banquet-RSVP.pdf

Banquet Music: The Knights of Rock and Roll will be at the banquet this year. Classic danceable tunes and a big sound.
http://wyc.org/Portals/0/Images/temp/08-band-delete.jpg

Get a Room:  Rooms are under $90 at the Sheraton Mpls West hotel. Make the night easy and as late as you want. Ask for the WYC discount: 952-593-0000

Party Crashers: After 9:00pm, it's $20 at the door to get in for the dance and the band.

WSF SILENT AUCTION
We have a full list online of 2008 auction items, including live auction items. Plan ahead, there will be Silent Auction items, a Live Auction, and a Raffle.

Raffle: Graham Jewelers (http://www.grahamjewelers.com/) is our exclusive raffle sponsor with a great watch for guys and a great necklace for gals. Check it out, and buy some tickets when you arrive.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/Portals/13/Images/Silentauction08/Raffle.jpg

Silent Auction: See the entire list of items for 2008
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/Contribute/SilentAuction/2008Auction/tabid/397/Default.aspx
(and yes you can still donate, check out www.wyc.org)

Live Auction: Just before the awards ceremony we'll be having the live auction. Parking spots will be there of course, but this year there are some other big items.
- Custom Painting of your choice (yes, I'll let you use one of my pics...)
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/Portals/13/Images/Silentauction08/phot%20to%20paint.jpg
- Catered Dinner for 8-12 people from Thyme to Entertain. Seriously, enjoy a night of having friends over by having someone cater the meal for you.
- One week Charter on a Bavaria 40 footer in Greece courtesy of Lois Carlson and www.MWST.org. Check out the flyer and plan on this one.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/Portals/13/documents/Visio-GreekCharter_AuctionFlyer.pdf

And finally - Anyone who bids full price or more on a regular raffle item will be placed into a drawing for a set of SLAM sailing bibs from www.Iniki.com

Whew....Just remember, if you're not at the banquet you aren't at the WSF Auction.

P.S. Thank you to Tammy Faiola for organizing the raffle, Ernie Brody for updating the WSF website, all the donors, and the people I've neglected to mention.

WYC ANNUAL MEETING
The meeting starts at 4:30 and promises to be riveting.
There are some great things to talk about. Topics will likely include at least the following...
- How many new docks are WYC adding for 2009.
- How much more parking will we have for 2009.
- Where's the road realignment going.
- Are we adding an E Scow Fleet.

SHACKELTON CUP NOR
It's currently happening Sunday afternoons until the ice comes in.
Course: WYC to Maynards to WYC
  a.. Sunday, Nov 2, 12:00 Dock Time
  b.. Sunday, Nov 9, 12:00 Dock Time
  c.. Sunday, Nov 16, 12:00 Dock Time
  d.. Sunday, Nov 23, 12:00 Dock Time
  e.. Thanksgiving Day - Cruise, Nov 27, 10:00 Dock Time
  f.. DieHard Cruise to Maynards - Nov 30, 12:00 Dock Time
  g. ????

SCOLTES FAMILY BENEFIT
A dinner will be held in Bayfield on November 15th for the Scoltes family. If you can not attend and would like to contribute, donations can be sent to Bremer Bank @129 Broad St. Bayfield WI 54814 attn: Erin Scholtes benefit. If you would like to attend, contact Bill at Hoopersail at aol.com

BANQUET PICS
It's not too late to send in blackmail photos for the banquet. E-mail your pics to Tom.Verburgt at Kattack.com

See you out there!