Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - November 17, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon Nov 24 08:43:08 CST 2008

This is the draft for the next e-blaster going out,

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - November 17, 2008

This Issue
- Banquet Thanks
- Trophy Pickup
- Special Awards
- Online Survey
- Shackelton Cup
- Winter Seminars

BANQUET THANKS
Thank you to everyone who organized and attended our annual banquet. Special thanks to Don Sundell for organizing the entire banquet and Tammy Fiola for organizing the silent auction. An extra special thanks to M.B. now that she's completed her term as Commodore.

TROPHY PICKUP
- Unclaimed trophies, photos, and glassware are at the clubhouse. Please pick them up ASAP.
- Many glasses seemed to have been given to the wrong boats this year. If the sticker on the bottom of the glass has someone else's name, please make sure those glasses get to the correct people.
- If the title on your trophy frame is incorrect please e-mail the correct text to dallas at dallasjohnson.net sooner rather than later. I think we had some fleet name typos this year.

2008 SPECIAL AWARDS
- Doc Sam: Bob Barman
- Commodore's Special: Bob Carpenter and Pete Ice for the Wine on Wayzata Bay Regatta.
- Sportsmanship: Bert Foster for doing even more than Bert already does and making our new docks happen.
- Foster Award: Dusty Breitner
- Andy Crew: Dr. Mark Christianson
- Bail Bond: Beth Frampton for organizing seminars
- Boat of the Year: Brennoms, Code Blue C-25

ONLINE SURVEY
We are planning an online survey to our membership in the next couple weeks. Keep an eye on your e-mail boxes so you can provide feedback regarding our banquet and other club topics.

SHACKELTON CUP NOR
It's currently happening Sunday afternoons until the ice comes in. Call
Course: WYC to Maynards to WYC
  e.. Thanksgiving Day - Cruise, Nov 27, 10:00 Dock Time
  f.. DieHard Cruise to Maynards - Nov 30, 12:00 Dock Time
  g. ????

WINTER SEMINARS
After some December R&R we'll be in full swing in January with big name Dave Perry dicussing the NEW rules on January 17th and our very own Ernie Brody on the 22nd discussing everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
Learn more at http://wyc.org/Seminars/WinterSeminars/tabid/268/Default.aspx