The WYC E-Blaster Weathermark at wyc.org - July 19, 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sun Jul 19 09:43:05 CDT 2009

The WYC E-Blaster   Weathermark at wyc.org - July 19, 2009

LOW WATER
No, the big climb from the boat up to the dock is not evidence of your increasing age, it's evidence of the boat getting lower every week. For mid-July we are currently in a serious situation regarding lake level. We all know there's a thunderstorm on it's way, someplace, but until then we've formed a "low water committee" and we'll be talking with you about plans as they become necessary.
  LIFT LOWERING
  We have a crane coming to lower lifts on MONDAY. Call Steve Bren if you'd like your lift lowered, 612-701-3230. It's about $165.

  LIFT REMOVAL AND STORAGE
  If we get to a situation where your slip loses too much water to operate your lift (about a foot more than wet sailors), we have arranged for lifts to be removed, stored off-site, and then returned in the spring. This is about $600. Again, talk to Steve if you think you'll be in that group.

  CRANE CARDS
  If you need a new card for the crane, ask Bren. 612-701-3230. Just in case the water gets too low, it's a wonderful thing we now have the crane.
NIGHT CRAWLER - BISMARK DINIUS EVENT
This Saturday July 25 is a new moon, but that has not stopped the Crawlador from declaring a crawl. Bring yourself, maybe a boat, and meet at the club around 6:00pm. This week some special stuff is planned with an Awareness Event for Bismark Dinius and a big court case taking place in California. A little live music is planned and I think some Ice Racing video will be on the big screen before boats take off for the "race". Enjoy!

WCSC ACCESS (handicapped) SAILING ON KARE 11
The KARE 11 10 O'clock News on Thursday, July 23 will air the video of the WCSC Access Sailing program taken by Jim Douglas.  It will show the evening with the blind and visually impaired kids and the day with the kids from Paralympics Sports Camp. Check it out and see all the good stuff Ernie Brody and the WCSC is doing. Channel 11, Thursday July 23rd, 10:00pm News.

RACEWEEK
A great week of racing with Chewbacca taking class one, ZigZag taking the newly popular 70 phrf class, and Pennycress taking Class 2 glory.
- Final Results: http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=258
- Pictures: http://www.jet-tex.com/gallery/8887945_7np5v#589352306

COMMERCE
Just a couple shout outs to some economic stimulus opportunities.
  WYC GLASSWARE
  If you've seen some of these WYC glasses floating around lately and you'd also like to fly the colors, you can find them at Deephaven Direct.   http://www.deephavendirect.com/product/T-WYC

  MARINE SOLUTIONS
  Keegan Buffington is the smart young guy with the dreadlocks that makes Steve Bren and our club look good and I think he deserved some unsolicited props. Keegan has formed a little business for doing minor boat turndown service and cleaning, and misc whatever. If you need a boat washing or your boat dried out the next day after a wet race, consider calling Keegan at 612-741-3552.

  CRAZY DAYS
  It's Wayzata Crazy Days through Monday. Pretty much every store in Wayzata has some big sale going on, including the fine stores at the Wayzata Bay Shopping Center down the street and Ski Hut (aka Sports Hut) up on the hill. Check it out B4 or after racing!
  http://www.wayzatachamber.com/weekends.htm
Keep it going!