weathermark at wyc.org - March 6th 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Mar 6 10:50:07 CST 2009

Wayzata Yacht Club E-Blaster - March 6th 2009

Commodore's Comment: There's a giant laser in the sky today and it's killing winter! Sad for the ice boaters but good news for us of the soft water ilk as it's only 56 days, 23 hours and 2 minutes until the first regatta of the season starts.

MARCH SEMINAR - Thursday - 3-12-09
If there's one thing we know at WYC it's that anyone named Foster can kick out an entertaining seminar. Terry is queued up next week to answer your most intimate sailing questions. Take the survey at www.WYC.org to pick the topics he'll discuss.

But wait, there's more! Since everyone's 401k has dropped in half, Terry is dropping the price of his seminar to match. $10 online and $12 at the door. And that includes a sip and slice for the pre-seminar happy hour pizza time.

Survey: http://wyc.org/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
Register: http://wyc.org/LinkClick.aspx?link=644&tabid=36#bear

A COUPLE SLIPS OPEN
We're past our deadline for mooring payments. Just a couple people are outstanding (and we expect most of those people to re-up), but technically those slips are fair game and we're starting to place new boats in those slots. If you haven't confirmed your mooring yet, please call Steve ASAP, and if you have a buddy who's looking for a slip have them contact Steve at 612-701-3230 - manager at wyc.org

SAILING SCHOOL
All the moms are starting to network and find out which kids are going to be in which camp sessions so the kids can go to camp together. It's a great way to spend the summer. Registration is filling for pram (opti) and 420 camps, not to mention the youth racing programs. Lot's of great things are going on at the sailing center. They have a new mailing list, so I encourage you to swing over to their website and register for their newsletters.
http://wayzatasailing.org/

TOM VERBURGT IS FAMOUS
Good Morning America heard about the ice hot sailing scene up here and sent out a news crew to interview board member Tom and some of the other usual DN suspects. Check it out at http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6983763

Apparently GMS isn't enough fame for Tom, so he's added a blog of his St Maarten Regatta going on this week with another crowd of WYC sailors. Check it out: http://kattack.blogspot.com/

TWEET TWEET
We're always looking for something new, so I started a twitter feed on the www.WYC.org website. For now, anyone who's following www.Twitter.com/WaYC can send a message to @WaYC and have it posted on the website page at wyc.org>Community>Twitter. So, if someone wants to post a message from the race course with their cell phone, have at it.  We're still figuring this out and we'll see where it goes, but if we're lucky it will end up on the homepage. Have Fun.

ART SHOW
Andrea Rosenberger  memorial birthday celebration, art show and sale will be this Saturday March 7, 5-8 p.m. at Northrup King bldg. in Minneapolis, food and drinks - 1500 Jackson St., NE.