weathermark at wyc.org 11-17-2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Nov 17 09:03:29 CST 2009

weathermark at wyc.org 11-17-2009

WCSC DONATION MATCH - TODAY ONLY
www.GiveMN.org is a new website that helps to promote many charitable organizations in MN. TODAY ONLY there are $500,000 in matching funds for any donations up to $2,500. Maybe you missed out on that silent auction item you wanted, maybe you've missed an installment on your three year property purchase commitment, maybe you need to start on end of year tax break giving. Whatever the reason, here's a chance to double your dough. There's 24 hours to give starting at 8:00am Tuesday (now), but lots of organizations are competing for the matching funds so please act now before it's all gone.
- http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Wayzata-Sailing-Foundation
- http://www.wayzatasailing.org/

THE BANQUET
It's impossible to properly thank everyone at the banquet, and I can't do it in an e-mail either. Ernie was right when he said everyone's a volunteer and they are the ones who make things happen. But I'll try again. A sincere THANK YOU to the banquet organizers, the silent auction donors and organizers, the fleet captains, the board members, the regatta organizers, the race winners, Steve Bren and those who make him look good, the RC, the Protest Committee, and the corresponding groups of people over at the WCSC.

BANQUET 2010
This is the time of year when most of the 2010 banquet planning gets decided. Please send your gently worded comments and suggestions to Renee at ReneeCorbinDesign.com.

SEMINARS 2010
Did you fill out the seminar survey? If not, do the next best thing and send your gently worded comments and suggestions to beth.frampton at gmail.com

TROPHIES
If it's not on your mantle, then it's at the clubhouse waiting for you to pick it up. Please do so. If your trophies are on someone else's mantle, I suggest you buy some newer sails and try a little harder next year...

2010 MOORING RATES
Just to give you a heads up again. Of course 2010 rates are going up, they always do. Or are they?  New this year is a $500 down payment in December to reserve your spot before the remainder is due on 2/28. The BIG new thing is pay your down payment and remainder on time, and you can pay the old 2009 rates. So mooring rates are actually flat next year. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you at the last Shackelton "Race" on Sunday!