Fw: WYC E-Blaster - 10-6-2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Oct 7 08:19:14 CDT 2009

WYC E-BLASTER WEATHERMARK
 www.WYC.org
October 6, 2009

COMMODORE'S COMMENTS
Ok fine, we haven't sent out an e-blaster since August. Fortunately everyone seems to get along just fine on their own and the J22 Districts, the U-Gotta, the Star of the North, the Fall Regatta, and this weekend's Richardson Cup have gone off without a hitch thus far. Thank you to everyone who participates in our fall regattas, and a special thanks to all the tireless organizers who are the backbone of our sailing community.  The final races of the season and the banquet are just around the corner, so hang on for the big end of the season push.

RICHARDSON CUP (this weekend)
The Richardson Trophy Match Racing Championship this weekend (Thursday the 8th through Sunday the 11th).  This is an EXCELLENT spectator event. You can anchor within good viewing distance and watch the flights go one after another. It's the closest you're going to get to the America's Cup this year, so check it out.
For details see:  www.yrugl.org and www.richardson-trophy.com
  a.. Rules Seminar: Thursday night Rules Seminar presented by David Pelling (America's Cup Umpire) and his team of Umpires and Judges.  6:30 pm at the club.
  For details see: www.yrugl.org/seminar.html
  b.. Spectate: Friday, Saturday and Sunday come out and spectate.
  For details see: www.yrugl.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55
  c.. Volunteer: If you can help out, please volunteer.
  For details see: www.yrugl.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=54

ROLEX & J22 NORTH AMERICANS
  a.. Women's Rolex: Team Virago from WYC will be racing this weekend. Please visit their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/teamvirago
  - You can watch the racing live this weekend via http://www.kattack.com/webplayer/ or from www.WYC.org
  - Event information is available at http://www.riwkc.com/

  b.. J22 North Americans: Congratulations to Oranje, Boogie, and EnFuego for racing at the J22 NA's. Oranje finished 11th of 37 boats. Video Recap at :
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoeHAw1Vu2Y&feature=player_embedded

WYC BANQUET
New location with a new band this year, but all your same old great friends. Invitations are in the mail and will arrive any minute at your door step. Best of all, we've lowered the price $5 (10%) while moving to a newer cooler location. You better be there!

All this stuff is on the www.WYC.org so get your act in gear.
  a.. Banquet Reservations: The big show is at the St. Louis Park Doubletree (394 & Hwy 100) in their newly remodeled banquet hall. Best of all we dropped the price $5 and it's in a nicer venue!
    a.. Get a Table:  Reservation Form
    b.. Get a Room:  952-582-4000 for reservations
    c.. Notice: October 27th is the date for discounted tables and rooms.
  b.. Trophy Photos: Check 'em out. select your trophy pic, and order extras for your crew at www.DallasJohnson.net
  c.. GLASSWARE: If you're too ugly for pictures, order glassware for your crew. Here's the order form

See you at the Richardson!