Weathermark @ www.WYC.org - February 17, 2009

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Feb 17 13:28:19 CST 2010

Weathermark @ www.WYC.org - February 17, 2009

WYC WINTER PARTY - SATURDAY 2-20 -1 to 6pm
The surprise hit of last season was the WYC Winter Party. It's a casual affair, we make it up as we go. Activities are varied and dependent on weather and participants, but there's one goal of having a good time and meeting up with old friends.
  a.. Broomball: Mike Bowers will be our Broomball Czar in charge of pickup games.
  b.. Food: Rene Corbin will be organizing CHILI and beverages. (please bring more to share)
  c.. Ice Boating: There's a rumor of a plowed Ice Boat oval, it could be epic!
  d.. Other Stuff: RC Planes, Kites, Model Rockets, Snowmobiles, Skijoring, Ice Fishing, Bonfire on the Patio, Winter Olympics on the big TV, or BYOS (bring your own stuff).
  e.. Kid Friendly Event - Bring the little people.
  f.. Saturday the 20th from 1:00 to dusk.  http://www.wyc.org

EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUTH RACING BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK
On March 10th at 7:00pm at WYC there will be a discussion regarding youth racing in our club. If you have a child between the ages of four and fourteen this meeting is for you.

Cappy Capper and Head Coach of the Optimist Race Team, Dave Elsmo, will discuss the Optimist Racing Program at WYC and the WCSC. It's our hope that by attending this meeting you can better understand the opportunities available to your children, even if your kids are not ready for, or interested in, racing. This meeting will focus on the Optimist Racing portion of WYC/WCSC's programs, however It will be beneficial for anybody with a child four year's old and up.

This meeting will be discussing:
  a.. Overview of the WCSC Programs
  b.. WYC/WCSC's Optimist Sailing and how it fits your needs
  c.. Local, National and International Optimist Racing Scene
  d.. What we as an organization can do for you
  e.. Optimist Boat Ownership and Charter Boat opportunities
  f.. Questions you may have about Optimist Racing
If you, or anybody you know, are looking to get their children into sailing, please come on by.
March 10th, 7:00pm at WYC

33rd AMERICAS CUP
We Won! And NO, WYC can not challenge to win because America already won. We might be able to defend but, unless you have the required $$$, please stop asking the Commodore to submit a challenge. If you do have the money, please e-mail commodore at wyc.org asap.

YOUTH SAILING CAMPS
Yup, it's that time of the year. Get your kids signed up before classes fill.
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/

DID YOU MISS THE KILLER NORTH U SEMINAR
If you didn't make it to the North U Racing Trim seminar at WYC yesterday, there is one more opportunity. Duluth Yacht Club will host the North U seminar on Saturday, February 27. Better yet, Duluth actually rocks this time of year. For more details, go to http://www.northu.northsails.com/tabid/1386/default.aspx?Event_ID=392.