Wayzata Yacht Club Weathermark E-Blaster

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:10:52 CDT 2012

In this issue:
-Champion of Champions Race at MYC Tonight
-St. Croix Sailing Club 2012 Labor Day Regatta
-Recap of the 2012 Ensign National Regatta in Marquette, MI

CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS RACE AT MYC TONIGHT!

Tonight is our Champ of Champs race!  At this point it looks like we
will have 15 boats competing.  There will be three short back-to-back
races, starting at 6:00.  Jessica will be on LHI, ready to hand out
the 420s starting at 4:30.  You will be drawing a boat number to see
which one you will get to sail.  Shuttle service to LHI will be
available from Park Avenue and from CBF.  After the races, you are
invited to join us on LHI for a wonderful Grill & Chill.  Here is the
list of competitors:

C Scow: John Rainaldi and Katie Gordon, MYC
Capri 25: Odell Tuttle, WYC
E Scow: Jule Hannaford and Jack Bitney, MYC
J 22: Michael Bowers and Uta Moncur, WYC/MYC
J 24:Jane H Gould and Sean Delaney, WYC
Laser: Matt Thompson and Charlie Hicks, WYC/MYC
MC: Fred Chute, MYC
Opti: Nathan Olmsted and Belle Loosbrock, MYC/WYC
Sonar: Ben Burgum and Danielle Lindeman, WYC
X Boat: Annika Ekholm and Anders Ekholm, MYC
Yngling: Fritz Zimmerman, MYC
420: Natalie Sinn and Paige Boegeman, MYC/WYC
RC: Blake Middleton and Sarah Ellis, MYC/WYC
Have fun and good luck!!

ST. CROIX SAILING CLUB 2012 LABOR DAY REGATTA

St Croix Sailing Club presents the 27th annual Labor Day Invitational
Regatta on September 1 & September 2, 2012. Race and enjoy dinner,
raffle and live music by Gene LaFond & the Wild Unknown.
For more information:
http://stcroixsailing.com/index.php/meetings/42-regatta/labor-day/16-2012-labor-day-regatta

2012 ENSIGN NATIONAL REGATTA IN MARQUETTE, MICHIGAN

Wayzata Yacht Club had an excellent showing at the 2012 Ensign
National Regatta in Marquette, Michigan, on Lake Superior.  Five boats
from Wayzata competed in a fleet of 39.  We met with boats from
Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, New Jersey, Texas and Michigan.  One
Ensign sailor arrived from Japan and another from Saudi Arabia.  The
opening ceremonies began with the National Anthems of Canada, England,
Japan and the U.S.  The first day was light, but throughout the week
the winds built up and we had a total of seven closely fought races
over four days.

The members of Marquette Yacht Club were amazing hosts, welcoming us
to their town like family members home for a reunion.  Between races
lunch was delivered boat-side from Jimmy Johns.  Freaky Fast, they
always got my order right.   Each evening we were treated to local
foods and the sites of the area.

Wayzata Yacht Club was represented by Travis Van Neste on Pegasus,
Karl Reindel on Long Shot, Andrew Larson on Yin Yang, Fred Meyer on
Popper and 13 year old Sophie Kedrowski on boat 1430 donated for the
regatta by Richard Dombross as one of three youth boats.  We were
challenged as a club to develop our youth program, provide youth boats
and encourage the future of our sport.  Pegasus placed second overall
and Long Shot took tenth.  Long Shot was sailed by four of the Reindel
brothers who grew up sailing at WYC and reunited last week for the
regatta.  It was so great to see WYC at the awards banquette taking
home hardware.

I encourage every sailor to make the trip to a national regatta if you
can.  The experience of meeting with passionate, world class sailors
from across the country is unbeatable and incredibly motivating.  It
was both humbling and exciting to be a part of the camaraderie of
national level sailboat racing.
-Aimee Meyer

--
Beth Frampton