WEATHERMARK Eblaster

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:00:54 CDT 2012

FIDDLERS GREEN – DICK YOUNG
The Twin Cities and Lake Superior sailing communities are saddened by the
passing of Dick Young on March 23.  Dick’s sailing career started as a
young man sailing dinghies in Ohio.  While living in Cincinnati he crewed
for Dave Rosekrans, former President of US Sailing and former owner of what
is now the Wayzata Community Sailing Center.
Dick began sailing with Mark Janda on Redhawk in 2000. He was with them
almost every race and regatta for the past 11 years. Mark describes Dick as
a great sailor and shipmate, focused, always ready to do anything,
positive, quick with a joke and quick to lend a hand.  He quickly became a
go-to guy at WYC on Magic in the Capri 25 fleet. If Dick said he’d be
there, he was there, and he always put the team ahead of himself, whether
on the boat or volunteering to clean up after the party.
‘I miss him already, and I’m sure I speak for many.’ -  Mark Janda
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/startribune/obituary.aspx?n=richard-conrad-young-dick&pid=156702512&fhid=3205

REMINDER – INTUITIVE RULES SEMINAR TOMORROW NIGHT AT WYC
Steve Truax presents the final 2012 WYC Winter Seminar. Pizza and beer, a
discussion of racing rules, and a celebration of an early Lake Minnetonka
ice out.
Register at http://wyc.org/Seminars/WinterSeminars.aspx.

CAPRI FLEET HOSTS A SAILING EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING SWAP THIS SATURDAY AT WYC
Anybody got spring fever yet?? With the early “Ice-Out”, the Capri 25
Social Committee wants to energize all fleets for the 2012 season by
hosting a sailing equipment & clothing swap. Call it dumpster diving for
sailing stuff (without the dumpster.) This is sailing recycling at its best.

The treasure hunt event is Saturday March 31st from 6PM till 10PM at our
beloved WYC clubhouse.

Please bring your new and used sailing equipment [winches, boat parts,
undercoating] etc., that you may have… it just might be what somebody else
needs. Don’t forget to bring any foulies, shirts, hats, equipment bags that
you hardly used, or don’t need any more. We’ll have tables setup to display
your booty; set your own prices.

We will offer a prize for the most arcane and old-fashioned swap entry.

To add to the merriment, if you choose, bring a food item to share. The
Capri fleet will provide beer for its fleet. If you are from another fleet,
BYOB!

The socializing will continue after 10PM at the Muni. See you on the 31st!

--
Beth Frampton
beth.frampton at gmail.com