Wayzata Yacht Club - Weathermark EBlaster

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:46:29 CDT 2012

SAIL TRIM SEMINAR AT WAYZATA YACHT CLUB TONIGHT

Tonight at WYC, Terry Foster and Gordy Bowers present sail trim. It's the
final Tuesday evening seminar of the season, and it will be excellent!

http://www.wyc.org/Seminars/SpringTueEveningSeminars.aspx

ADAPTIVE SAILING PROGRAM  - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

The Adaptive Sailing Program at the Wayzata Community Sailing Center is up
and running.  We have a full schedule of one-day events and classes
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/program-information/.   This is a good
opportunity to help a friend with a disability learn to sail.  We are also
developing a racing team.

Adaptive sailing is requires many volunteers.  Those who have participated
say it was a very rewarding experience.  To volunteer please fill out the
Volunteer Skills Survey at
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/volunteer-survey/and we will include you
in events.

The next events on the schedule are sailing experiences for blind and
visually impaired people.  After that is an Operation Liberty event for
disabled veterans.  We will also be teaching classes.

PILOT SAILBOAT RENTAL PROGRAM

WYC crew members can get a taste of boat ownership through a new pilot
sailboat rental program. The Wayzata Community Sailing Center is making two
Sonars available for the Sunday B and C series. The rental cost would
normally be $600 for the six-race series, however, for this pilot program,
WYC will subsidize half, making the cost $300. All sailors on board must be
WYC members (Crew, Skipper, or Full).

If you are interested, contact Ernest Brody at
wayzatasailing at earthlink.netfor more details.

KATTACK HAS GONE MOBILE!

You can now download Kattack on your IPhone or Android. Kattack Mobile
allows you to use your IPhone or Android phone in place of a Kattack LIVE
Tracking device. You can join a race feed and have your track recorded in
real time. Kattack Mobile even works if there no cell coverage. It saves
the track points and uploads them when back in cell range.

IPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kattack-mobile/id451564266?mt=8

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kattack.kattackmobile

LAST CALL FOR 2011 TROPHY PICTURES

There are still 2011 trophy pictures in the clubhouse near the lost and
found. Please pick yours up or consider giving it to a crew member if you
don’t want it. If your trophy picture is still in the club house at the end
of the month, we will assume you don’t want it.

DON’T FORGET TO PAY YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES

Membership dues were due on April 15, however there is still time to pay
and be listed in the 2012 Membership Log. As a reminder, guests who develop
regular crew positions or race 3-5 times at WYC are required to join as a
crew member, and pay the current crew membership fee.

--
Beth Frampton
beth.frampton at gmail.com