[Capri25]Reminder: Vote for 2004 Awards by Friday

Denise Eng Denise.Eng at rhumblinepartners.com
Wed Oct 27 13:50:59 CDT 2004

Just a reminder to make sure you vote for Capri 25 awards by midnight on Friday. It only takes a minute to vote on the web site: www.wyc.org/capri25.  See below for details!

________________________________

From: Denise Eng
Sent: Sun 10/17/2004 9:20 PM
To: capri25 at lists.wyc.org
Subject: Vote for 2004 Awards by Oct 29

Hi everyone --

As a little practice for the upcoming presidential elections, please cast your vote for the Capri 25 specialty trophies:  the new Smoozability Award, Rookie Boat of the Year and the Capri 25 Boat of the Year.

Voting for the Smoozability Award is open to everyone who is a paid member of the club and who regularly sails on a Capri 25.  Voting for Rookie Boat of the Year and Capri 25 Boat of the Year is by boat only -- one vote for each boat.  Only boat owners can cast a vote for these two awards.

To vote, please fill out a ballot on the Capri 25 Web site: www.wyc.org/capri25.  If you have any trouble, you can also submit a vote by sending an email to me (deng at rhumblinepartners.com).

Nominees for Smoozability (see details below):
- Belinda "Barnie" Barnes
- Bill Porter
- Carmella Zagone
- Craig "Kiwi" Sanderson

Nominees for Rookie Boat of the Year:
- Chumbucket
- Capricious
- Magic
- Red Shift
- Rock Lobster
- Sudawn

Capri 25 Boat of the Year is open to all boats in the fleet with the exception of Looscrew (who won last year) and Tsunami (the Fleet Captain is not eligible).

More info on the Smoozability nominees:

Belinda "Barnie" Barnes: Barnie has been sailing on Quick Draw for the last 6 years. She does a great job, always shows up and is a ready to party. She makes an effort to get to know folks at the club and makes the extra effort to integrate folks from other fleets into Capri events (plus she brought the margarita ball to the raft-up party). She gets people fired up to do things before and after the race and she loves to participates in Race Week and outside regattas. She gives it her all to bring people together and has her picture next to Party Animal in the dictionary.

Bill Porter: How do you describe smoozability on this level? Most dictionaries I consulted had Bill's picture next to the word "smoozer". Always engaging, always helpful. Bill was very helpful with the food for the Nationals. I ate the pork at one of the parties because I knew Bill had cooked it. Bill is very deserving of this award given his years of volunteering to help out the Capri Fleet. Bill is very well liked he has sailed with the old Sudawn, Don Pearson, and now sails with Ellie Jay and others.

Carmella Zagone: Carmella helped tremendously with the National Regatta. After Jay injured his hand, she stepped in to do much of the leg work for the raffle. She help Jill with the food by organizing the pot luck dinner and was always available to help with anything that needed help during the regatta. Always with a smile on her face and a friendly "sure I can do that attitude". Carmella helped to make planning and running the regatta a lot more fun.

Craig "Kiwi" Sanderson: If you are only known by your Trade Mark you come highly recommended for the Smooze Award. Kiwi is a great swimmer -- you may remember the fish that brought all the boats together in a circle at the Nationals. He will dive for anything - boats, booze, and buoys. He's working to improve his sailing all of the time and I trust him anywhere on a boat. He has fun doing anything, and is always making sure that everyone else is enjoying themselves also. This is the key to Kiwi - he's originally from Christ Church, New Zealand. Fun and Cute. Great Schmoozer. Great Sailor. Great Man. Great Friend. Definitely needs to get this award!