[Capri25]Reminder Capri Rookie Crew Award

Doug Dickerson Doug at Molgren.com
Thu Oct 28 14:08:30 CDT 2004

Just a reminder to make sure boat owners nominate for Capri Rookie Crew of
the Year by midnight Friday October 29, 2004.

Please get back to me with a number of how many times they have raced with
you. Doug at Molgren.com
Boats that have made nomination for Capri Crew Rookie of the Year include:
Wasabi
Dakota
Fore Sail
Red Shift
Ham it Up

Rookie Crew Of the Year - This is awarded to someone new to racing but not
necessarily new to sailing who displays great participation, team spirit,
and eagerness to learn.  Rookie crew is eligible for two full seasons after
entering the fleet. The first season does not begin if the crew enters the
fleet after July 15th.  We encourage crew membership at WYC but this is not
mandatory for this award.  A keeper burgee trophy can be awarded to one to
three rookies in a given year.

Boat owners will submit nominee and amount of participation.   Crew Reps
will make the final selection. Three-fourths of scoring is based on
participation provided by boat owners. One fourth based on enthusiasm,
eagerness to learn, and team spirit.

High marks would go to how many total races the rookie has participated in.

High marks would go to consistency of racing for example every Thursday,
Saturday, or Sunday.

High marks would go to racing outside of WYC.

Ties breakers would go to attitude and performance.