[Capri25] Kattack Videos - Wow That Was Fast

Eric Roubal ERoubal at DigitalRiver.com
Mon Jun 12 14:06:35 CDT 2006

I have confirmed with Steve and Tom and they indeed have 20 GPS units
for us to use during the Capri25 Championships. It is a lot of fun to
watch the races afterwards. If you want me to reserve a unit for you,
please email me back at eroubal at mn.rr.com <mailto:eroubal at mn.rr.com>
and I will ensure you get a unit Thursday or Friday morning.  The cases
are recommended because it allows you to mount the unit on the rear
stanchion to assure you get accurate readings. Putting the GPS in the
sink is an option but may lead to missed readings and your boat looking
like it is doing unnatural things. They will have cases available (at
cost) this Thursday after the race for $25.

If you are using your own GPS, be sure you follow the recommendations
provided at http://www.kattack.com/WYC%20Program.htm
<http://www.kattack.com/WYC%20Program.htm> . You'll also need to do a
couple of configuration adjustments to the unit in order for it to take
enough readings. Per a conversation I had with Tom yesterday, you'll
have to at least set the units from the default Nautical Miles to Yards.
I believe this somehow causes the unit to record your position once
every boat length or so. If using your own GPS, you should use it during
Thursday's race to work the kinks out.