[Capri25] RE: Capri Nationals Schedule

Zagone, Carmella F CFZagone at CBBURNET.COM
Tue Jun 13 21:17:05 CDT 2006

Hey, I thought it would be on our website, but it's well hidden.  There
is a schedule on the last page of the Entry Form link, but that's not
typically a link most people would bother to click!  Plus, there have
been a couple of minor changes to the schedule since that form was
created.  I hope I got this right.

FRIDAY:  7:30 to 9:00 a.m.  Continental Breakfast.  NOTE:  Breakfast
(granola bars and cold cereal) is provided by General Mills, and we will
be joined for breakfast by about 100 high school kids who will be
competing in the Mike Plant Regatta.  The high school regatta will most
likely also impact our parking capacity in the West Lot.  BE
FOREWARNED!!

8:30 a.m.  Skippers' Meeting

10:00  Up to 4 races back to back.  Lunch on the water.  BOX LUNCHES for
Friday and Saturday are available for $6.00 each.  These should be
pre-ordered.  Order form is part of the regatta Entry Form.

4:30 p.m.  Social hour, Rum Party, Dinner (burgers and brats, cooked,
served and cleaned up by the J-22 fleet.  Remember, we have to return
the favor in September).  This party is for regatta participants.  We
will not have enough food (or rum) if you invite outsiders.
Entertainment by Dick Hanson et al.  Some cool stuff will be raffled.

SATURDAY:  No breakfast is planned.

8:30 a.m.  Skippers' Meeting

10:00  Two races back to back.  One medium distance race (possibly a
Commodore Cup course).  One buoy race with the other fleets, as we
combine with the ADA regatta.  (Don't forget to collect donations for
ADA.)  CAPRIs WILL START FIRST IN THE ADA BUOY RACES.  Lunch on the
water (see above).

4:30  Social hour, ADA Silent Auction, free massages (tips appreciated
and will be donated to ADA), followed by dinner.  Dinner costs $10.
Entry fee includes skipper's dinner ticket only.  Everyone else has to
pay.  Entry fee also includes 4 t-shirts.  The ADA t-shirts include the
Capri 25 Nationals emblem.  There is not a separate t-shirt for Capri 25
Nationals.  Live music and dancing until 10 p.m.

SUNDAY:  1:00  Warning for 1st race.  Two races back to back.  REMEMBER,
CAPRIs WILL BE THE 1ST START.

After race:  ADA Silent Auction concludes.  ADA awards for top
fundraisers, presentation of ADA trophies, Each boat gets a photo
courtesy of J.H.  You get a free photo, better bring some pledges.
Presentation of Capri National trophies.  Did I say to bring pledges?

This is shaping up to be an amazing weekend of racing and parties.  Be
there, or be boring!

Carmella Zagone

Coldwell Banker Burnet

"Making Dreams Come Home"(tm)