[Capri25] Introduction from 2007 Capri 25 Fleet Captain

Lewis Sacks sacks2000 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 01:39:35 UTC 2007

G'day.

I'm Lew Sacks, Dutch Bull's partner on Magic and the 2007 Capri 25 Fleet Captain.

The reason I asked to be fleet captain (no, I didn't get "elected" 'cause I was outatown for that meeting) was so that I could get to know the members of the Fleet a little better as well as to help our fleet grow and become even more fun.

Once in awhile I see some interesting articles in the sailing press and in sailing-related blogs.  Here's one from a Laser sailor that I thought some of you might be interested in.  http://www.campbellsailing.com/index.php/2007/04/15/monday-morning-tactician-16-april-2007-the-first-beat-blues

I picked it up from http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/ which is a great source of daily information on our sport...especially now that we're into the America's Cup Season.

If you're interested in seeing more of this kind of stuff, let me know and I'll continue routing it.  Conversely, if this is just another piece of Spam to you, please also let me know that.  We all get enough junk e-mail and I don't want to put even more in your mailbox.

Also, if you have some Fleet related concerns or thoughts about "what needs to be done around here", please let me know.  I promise I'll follow up.

Thanks, and have a great year!

Lew Sacks
612.554.7118
sacks2000 at earthlink.net

PS, We're splashing' Magic Friday...see you all soon.