[Capri25] 1/25 ri 25 Fleet meeting @ WYC

Lewis Sacks sacks2000 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 20:18:49 UTC 2008

All,

Just a reminder that there is a Fleet meeting scheduled at the clubhouse at 7:00 PM on Friday, January 25th, 2008.  All Capri 25 sailors, Crew members as well as Family, are invited so please get the word out.   You may get two notices on this as I will also be sending it out on the WYC Capri 25 list server.

Please bring a dish to share as well as whatever you want to drink.  We'll have plates, glasses and flatware.

The Fleet meeting will begin promptly at 8:00 PM.  Here's the agenda but if you have other items that need to be discussed feel free to introduce them at the meeting.  If there's a point that needs to be voted on please, one vote per boat.

Treasurer's report and why Fleet dues must be paid before the beginning of racing. (Mark H)
Election of 2008 Fleet Officers and Fleet Captain.  I'll be asking for nominations.  If the fleet wishes, I'm willing to take the Fleet Captain's job for another year with Bob Carpenter as my "co-Captain"  and as the 2009 Fleet Captain in waiting.  If the fleet doesn't wish, I'm more than happy to step aside. (Lew S).
Discussion of the role of Fleet "technical committee" as the boats age and parts become less available (Nils B?)
New stern rail design (Mark H and Odell T)
Sail measurements on heavy weather "chicken" chutes (Bruce T)
The 2008 Capri-25 Intergalactic Regatta dates.  (Here's the very limited feedback I received on why the number of boats is down.  Generally the response from the six Family members that answered the e-mail asking why they came, or didn't come, to the regatta was "Can't get crew for three days" and "Who wants to spend that much money to race against the same boats I race against all year".  On the other hand, some loved the three day format where we had the lake to ourselves.)  (Dutch B/Bill B).
Anyone going on any interesting sailing trips this Winter? (Pete W/Dutch B)
FYI, Beth Frampton is leaving the fleet and Gary Bull has volunteered to assume the maintenance of the web site.

Thanks and see you soon.

Lew Sacks
Capri 25 Fleet Captain
612.554.7118 cell