[Capri25] Crew member qualification

Scott Seager scottaseager at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:27:05 CDT 2010

Dutch,
It is unlikely she would be Category 3. Teaching sailing is usually
not enough to be considered Category 3. She can easily find out for
certain by applying for categorization by ISAF. With the elimination
of Category 2, professional sailor classification is largely for those
who are paid to race, paid to make boats go faster (sailmakers,
riggers), and paid to coach sailboat racing. As others have been quick
to point out, this former "professional sailor's" return to amateur
status has been rapid.
Scott