[Capri25] G-Series #6 Canceled

Brian Prall TaknBacon at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 11:39:14 CDT 2010

Blake, thanks for your decision!

As I recall from local wind reports, wind gusts had already been in
the 30-40 MPH range.

"Speaking from another experience, a small unexpected F0 tornado,
embedded in a severe thunderstorm, with 65-85 MPH winds & hail, can
knock a "bare poles" Capri-25 down, pick all 3000 lbs up, & drive the
top of the mast into the bottom of the lake. Then, hope & pray that
the voltage from the nearby lightning striking the water surface
doesn't exceed 120-volts for your friends & family, now swimming as
the boat sinks." (If this isn't enough, you can then be on TV with
seaweed all over the top of the mast.)

  . . .  Skipper of Ellie Jay, Brian Prall