[Capri25] G-Series #6 Canceled

Terry Foster terry at fostercomputerconsulting.com
Fri Jun 18 08:26:07 CDT 2010

Hi Odell,

I understand your position.

Here is mine.

I applaud Blake and the rest of the race committee for make a good
decision in very OBIOUS conditions.

Prior to the race the peak gust was 40 MPH!!!!  That means there is
going to be a heavy air cup. Regardless of the thunderstorms.  Then it
was also so strikingly clear that we were going to have MAJOR
THUNDERSTORMS that were scheduled to arrive during race time.

Blake's early call gave me an opportunity to have dinner with my family,
which during sailing season I seem to miss out more than I would like to
.  I'm sure many other sailors also enjoyed  to the opportunity to do
something else in conditions that were SO OBIOUS that we weren't going
to be able to race.

Circling back to your position:

I know that Blake, Jarrod and the rest of the PRO team do an awesome job
of trying to get races in.  If the conditions weren't insanely obvious,
the PRO team would have kept everyone around.  I appreciate your passion
to get out and race.  It is vital that fleet captains have a great
passion.  You have been a very active and open fleet captain which is
totally awesome.

Just so everyone understands, the correct procedure for race committee
complaints is: boat owners complain to the fleet captain, fleet captains
complain to the race committee (Bert and Terry) and we enforce change
with the PRO team.  We don't want to start a culture of mean and unkind
words yelled at the race.

Thank you Odell for following this procedure, however, I don't think the
entire Capri fleet needs to be copied next time.

See everyone at the club.

Terry Foster

WYC Race Committee