[Capri25] Regarding Zebra's

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:32:05 CDT 2010

Please see the note below from Dallas:

We're at the beginning of haul out season and I wanted to recap the message
regarding Zebras we need to convey to our members.

*When hauling or launching your boat ensure the following
*

   1. *Clean Hull
   *
   2. *Dry Bilge *

Our crane should make it very easy to inspect for these items. Some boats
have places were Zebras could maybe hide, it is your responsibility to
consider this and inspect.

WYC will have a power-washer available this spring should you find a huge
infestation of zebras (you won't). Anything our sailboats might have should
be able to be brushed off.

Permits are available should you have to transport your boat from WYC with
bilge water in the hull or creatures on the hull. Personally, I strongly
discourage this as it's too easy to simply do the job properly before you
leave.

dj

http://wyc.org/SailingTips/ZebraMussels/tabid/1232/Default.aspx<http://wyc.org/SailingTips/ZebraMussels/tabid/1232/Default.aspx%20>

  <http://wyc.org/SailingTips/ZebraMussels/tabid/1232/Default.aspx%20>