[Capri25] Ahoy Capri 25 Fleet

John Speltz johnspeltz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 15:44:32 CST 2011

Ahoy Capri 25 Fleet,

After a hard-fought campaign lasting all but 2 minutes, I guess it must be
my turn to be Fleet Captain.  Seriously, I do appreciate your vote and I
will do my best to move the fleet to the next level of racing fun.  Besides,
it might be a nice distraction from career transition (looking for a job).

First off, I wanted to give Odell a giant, big-time, naval salute for all
the hard work he has done as feet captain over the last couple of years. I
know Odell is an extremely busy IT professional, so his leadership service
was a sacrifice and a great gift to the fleet. Thanks OT, that was a job
well done!

Full speed ahead.

I thought a good place to start would be to try and formulate a few
long-term goals for the Capri 25 fleet. We proudly cover most, if not all,
of the in-season Capri fleet sailing issues.  Instead, I was hoping to
generate some long-term goals that could make a big difference 2, 3 or 5
years down the line.

Please send me your ideas on what you think would make an important impact
on the long-term promotion of the Capri 25 fleet.

If you are an officer of the Capri 25 fleet or on a fleet committee, please
contact me soon.  I want to get our lines of communications set up before
things heat up on the water.

Again, thanks for your vote of confidence.

John Speltz