[Capri25] Sonar #40 for sale at WYC

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:49:55 CDT 2011

This is a great starter boat for a new WYC skipper. With only a jib, main
and chute and in the water storage,  the Sonar is probably the lowest entry
cost one-design to get behind the tiller of.  Plus,  we have 23 Sonars now
at WYC, so there is still plenty of competition.

 I'm staying in the fleet (sorry, out of luck with that one) but am getting
something I can take to Sonar mid-winters/national regatta's etc.

Features:

  - keel stiffened to better than original - no keel cracks.  No soft deck
anywhere.

  - hull taken down to gelcoat with about 1/4 gecoat removed and teflon
epoxy painted from gunwale to gunwale and finished to 1500 grit polished
surface

  - bottom with 7 coats of barrier coating (this boat will last longer than
I will)

  - Rudder and keel faired to class specs  (hollow in keel in early boats is
removed)

  - Trailer redone.  Rollers replaced with adjustable pads.  4 year old
radial tires with minimal mileage and RV covered during the summer.

  - Stored inside or with tent with dehumidifier most winters.  Inside of
hull is very dry.

 - All running rigging working and within 2 years old and run as smooth as
silk.

 - Mast sleeved and with new spreader throughbar

- 2010-2011 nearly brand new sail set (4.5K retail just for that)

This boat is ready to step aboard and race.    Asking 8K    Has won the
Lonar,  and regularly is in the top half of the fleet,  and we have been
known to collect a spent shotgun shell every once in a while,  if we don't
make too many mistakes.

My # 612-804-6956
--
Thomas Brown
"Maximizing Business by Minimizing Surprises"