[Capri25] Star of the North Regatta! September 6 - 8

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Wed Aug 14 23:22:33 CDT 2013

Greetings One and All,

The last couple of weeks have been a flurry of activity and delays, but
registration is officially open at www.wyc.org/star.  The web site is still
a work in progress, but I think it is usable.  Let me know if you find
typos, broken links, or anything that does not work.

You can download the NOR (Notice of Race), check out the fabulous shirts
(short- and long-sleeve tees, ladies' and men's polos).  Skippers/Owners can
register for the 3-day event for $130 until September 1st.  After September
1st, the registration fee goes up to $150.

2013 SS Tee Shirt 2.jpgSHIRT ALERT - I apologize for the short notice, but
the shirt design and web site readiness both took longer than expected.  In
order to have shirts delivered in time for the regatta, I have to place the
order THIS MONDAY morning.  You MUST order your shirts by 8 a.m. on Monday
to guarantee delivery by September 6.  Remember, ANYONE can order a
shirt(s).  Owners, crews, your mom, ANYONE can order shirts.

Tee shirts are 100% cotton.  Polos are 60/40 cotton/poly blend.  Ladies'
polo shirts are ladies' sizes.  All other shirts are men's sizes.  Tee
shirts have the SOTN logo on the front left chest, and an awesome design on
the back, created using a photo by Mark Puariea.  Yeah Mark!  The polos do
not have a design on the back.

Prices are:  Short sleeve tee $16, Long sleeve tee $20, Polos $33

Extra dinner tickets for Saturday night are $12.  Every registered boat will
get 4 dinner tickets, as well as 4 Mount Gay Rum hats - featuring the new
Mount Gay logo!  Dance-to-your-heart's-delight music will be provided by the
Sonar fleet's own "Maeflies" (Pirate's Booty).  If you have not heard them,
you are in for a treat!

Oh yes, the menu is grilled chicken breasts with a creamy mushroom sauce,
wild rice pilaf, green salad and apple pie.

I created an event on Facebook, but could only invite my "friends".  I
consider each and every one of you to be my friend, so if you did not get
the invitation, just go to https://www.facebook.com/events/572423746156843/,
and "join".  Remember, saying you're going on the Facebook page does not
mean you are registered.  The event page would be a good place to post your
availability or need for crew.

Special thanks to our fleet reps, James Schwinghammer (Capri 25), Ken
Stieers (Sonar) and Jeff Mootz (S2 7.9).

Volunteer opportunities will be plentiful.  Stay tuned.

Carmella Foster

Chairperson, Star of the North Regatta

Wayzata Yacht Club

Home Phone:  952-473-2240