[Capri25] Catalina/Capri 25 Nationals - Register now, and save $20

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 09:56:41 CDT 2014

Folks,

We're just over a month away.

This is shaping up to be one of the biggest/best events our fleet has put
on.  We already have nearly half of the fleet registered.  Technically, the
deadline for early registration has passed, but this is one last shout out
to let you register at the early registration price before we update the
web site at the end of day this Friday.

Go here: http://www.wyc.org/c25/2014NationalRegatta.aspx

The racing program will be as great as ones we've seen in the past.  We'll
likely see 6-7 races on Friday, 4-5 races on Saturday (including a medium
distance race), and a few more (2-3) on Sunday.

We have premium live music booked for both Friday and Saturday night.  The
food plan is the best we've ever had.  We'll be grilling on Friday night
with the usual selection of brats, burgers, and chicken.  Saturday night
will be a fully catered event that you're sure to love.  There will be
plenty left to feed the crowd on Sunday as we hand out awards.  Excelsior
Brewery has generously donated a pile of kegs for your drinking pleasure.
 Instead of the usual light beer, you'll love all the craft beers from
Excelsior.  Gosling has decided to donate several cases of their
outstanding rum for our event, along with some ginger beer.  ...and that's
just for starters.  Our premier sponsor, Sika, has decided to provide a
fully-loaded rum bar with all the spirits we'll need to ensure a great
time.  You're gonna love the Sika Scow Bar!

Countless hours have been spent designing the tech-shirts for this regatta.
 These shirts look awesome, and are made of high-tech materials.  We have
over $11,000 in sponsorship donations, many of which will be raffled off
Saturday night.  Tickets will be sold Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

We're working on plans to have chase boats available for spectators as well
as photographers.  We have several photography sponsors setting up to shoot
the event, both on the water and off.  There will be an impressive series
of trophies for the winners to keep.  In addition, you will have a chance
to keep the large Catalina Nationals traveler trophy until the next winner
emerges.

Thanks,
OT