[Capri25] FW: Is There Any Appetite for Any of This?

gary valentini gvalen57 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:59:16 CDT 2014

I concur with Dan on all as good changes. I especially like the idea of starting Big Island Races in Wayzata Bay and make them quasi-Commodore Cup type races.

The Rumbles on Sundays have been a nice addition. I would suggest adding a distance race on Sunday once a month similar to the Commodore Cup. I don't know how much changing start dates and formats will change participation on Sundays but giving more variety could be a start. There also have been a few people who have talked and suggested abandoning Sundays altogether and replacing with another weekday race such as Tuesdays along with Thursdays, into September, then have a final single Sunday series when the days grow too short for weekday racing. This would free up summer weekend Sundays, for family, church, camping, and other activities. Having more outlets after work on weekdays could increase participation, instead of people being in a dilemma of having to choose/juggle family or house weekend activities vs racing.

I have been and also still advocate a night race in mid to late September as a unique event, especially since most power boat traffic is gone by then --apart from fishermen. We have been doing Night Crawlers now for years without incident. My two cent worth anyway. ~ Gary