[Capri25] High School Rumble June 20th 9:00AM

Doug Dickerson Doug at Molgren.com
Fri Jun 5 19:36:19 CDT 2015

Thanks Capri Fleet for helping out with "another first" High School Rumble
Regatta held at Wayzata Yacht Club Saturday June 20, 2015 at 9:00AM.

It will be the first time many of these students have ever been on a keel
boat most have only sailed 420s. The objective is to make it a fun
experience for them to come back to the wonderful sport of racing.

We will schedule a skipper meeting at 9:30AM and try to get the first race
off at 10:00AM in the bay.  It will be a Rumble.  The first race a tune up.
Penalty turns will be a 360.  The race committee has informed me they will
find thermals if there is no wind.  Will try to make it happen.   The race
committee will provide starting sequence and instructions.

At this time I don't know how many Students will show.  I will keep the
fleet posted. There are about 35 signed up but I'm realistically expecting
15-20?  I would like to have 2 experience adults to coach on each boat with
3 students.   I'm leaving it up to the boat owners and willingness of
students to the decision to drive with the owner close at helm.

Please email to let me know if you can help volunteer for this event:

Doug Dickerson

www.doug at molgren.com

Boat Name
Captain

________________________________         ___________________________________

High School

Rumble Regatta

June 20, 2015

9:00AM-1:30PM

Free Lunch

Invitation to those entering 7th Grade through Graduating Seniors

that have participated in competitive sailing.

At Wayzata Yacht Club east of the sailing school

Bring sailing gloves, Life Jacket PFD, dress for weather

Email Release Form

www.WYC.org

Wayzata Yacht Club and the Capri Fleet are sponsoring a Free Regatta.  An
opportunity to race on a Capri 25 keelboat with a crew of five ... 3
Students and 2 experienced adult sailors on each boat.  The regatta will be
a Rumble with back to back races in the bay.   The wind will dictate how
many races with the first race being a tune up and 3+ races before a free
lunch.  It's a fun way to sail with friends, experience a keel boat and
improve sailing skills.  It should be a blast.

Please fill out the Release Form and email to: Doug at molgren.com

You can simply accept Release Form by typing out and emailing.  A typed
Release Form is agreement of participation and will allow us to coordinate
number of boats.

For more information contact Doug Dickerson at: www.Doug at Molgren.com

Or text at: 763-478-3099 will not return voice mail.