[Capri25] A n n o u n c i n g t h e C D o c k P a r t y 2 0 1 6 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Brad Anderson aqualines at q.com
Wed Aug 10 13:14:48 CDT 2016

For 2016 we are picking up the C Dock and transporting it to Havana Cuba.
Now that we have reestablished diplomatic relations with Cuba, the Cubans are very excited to welcome the Capri 25 fleet. Rumor has it that our boats may be arriving from Hawaii, Margaritaville, and other ports in the Caribbean, not to mention possibly seeing East coast mariners. Even pirates are welcome, but they will be closely watched. Capri sailors are well traveled so the path to Cuba may traverse the globe before arriving.

You choose the nautical theme for your boat. Use the same one as before or switch to a different nautical theme. If you want, you may choose simply to fly the WYC burgee and be one of many boats from WYC who make the sail to Cuba. We are making it easy so that your participation will be easy to commit!!!!

As we have done in the past, the Capri Fleet will be supplying the main food on tables leading out to the C dock. We will be serving pulled pork sandwiches with all the fixings, including plantains of course!

All we ask of the fleet is to supply a side dish [we hear that beans and rice are big in Cuba], and a beverage for our guests. BTW: the side dish does not have to be Cuban per say, it can be anything you like or believe to be Caribbean. As an added incentive this year, all participating boats will be reimbursed $20 per boat to help defray your out of pocket costs.

So do it up big or just show up with a side dish and beverage. We want your participation!!!
Boat owners: if you can’t be there, please encourage your crew to represent your boat. This is the one WYC party that the other fleets look forward to all year. We have a reputation to uphold!

The social committee is planning to “Cubanize” the vicinity, so please come and join the merriment!

If you plan to participate, please let us know. Looking forward to another great party!

C Dock Committee:
CC Velarde - Social Chair
Kathie Wright – Décor & Communication

Renee Vetsch – Food and condiments

P.S. BELOW ARE SOME WONDERFUL IDEAS FOR OUTFITS TO GET THOSE JUICES GOING!!!

Inline image
Inline image

Inline image
Inline image