[Capri25] Fw: A n n o u n c i n g t h e C D o c k P a r t y 2 0 1 6 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Carmen "CC" Velarde navytartan at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 21:54:53 CDT 2016

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Carmen "CC" Velarde<navytartan at yahoo.com> wrote:   For 2016 we are picking up the C Dockand transporting it to Havana Cuba.Now that we have reestablisheddiplomatic relations with Cuba, the Cubans are very excited to welcome theCapri 25 fleet. Rumor has it that our boats may be arriving from Hawaii,Margaritaville,  and other ports in theCaribbean, not to mention possibly seeing East coast mariners. Even pirates arewelcome, but they will be closely watched. Capri sailors are well traveled sothe path to Cuba may traverse the globe before arriving.  You choose the nautical theme for yourboat. Use the same one as before or switch to a different nautical theme. Ifyou want, you may choose simply to fly the WYC burgee and be one of many boatsfrom WYC who make the sail to Cuba. We are making it easy so that your participationwill be easy to commit!!!!  As we have done in the past, the CapriFleet will be supplying the main food on tables leading out to the C dock. Wewill be serving pulled pork sandwiches with all the fixings, includingplantains of course!   All we ask of the fleet is to supply aside dish [we hear that beans and rice are big in Cuba], and a beverage for ourguests. BTW: the side dish does not have to be Cuban per say, it can be anythingyou like or believe to be Caribbean. As an added incentive this year, allparticipating boats will be reimbursed $20 per boat to help defray your out ofpocket costs.   So do it up big orjust show up with a side dish and beverage. We want your participation!!!Boat owners: if you can’t be there,please encourage your crew to represent your boat. This is the one WYC partythat the other fleets look forward to all year. We have a reputation to uphold!  The social committee is planning to “Cubanize”the vicinity, so please come and join the merriment!  If you plan to participate, please letus know. Looking forward to another great party!  C Dock Committee:CC Velarde - Social Chair Kathie Wright – Décor &CommunicationReneeVetsch – Food and condiments
P.S.  BELOW ARE SOME WONDERFUL IDEAS FOR OUTFITS TO GET THOSE JUICES GOING!!!

|  |
|  |  |