[Capri25] new crew seeking boat

Hermann Klaas hermannklaas at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:55:30 CDT 2020

Capri fleet:
If you are in a position to take on new crew this year, please consider the following individual who reached out to me this morning. I've already explained some of the difficulties we're going through, and that crew limits are already leaving many talented sailors at home. However, we are a fleet that has a strong tradition of welcoming new crew, and maybe you can help. If so, feel free to contact Sonny directly.
-Hermann

My name is Sonny Miles.  I recently moved to the Twin Cities area from Orange County, CA.  I found out about WYC from my sailing instructor.  I've been in contact with Barb Speltz from WYC and she's informed me that the old method of showing up before a race to hopefully crew is no longer an option due to COVID-19.  I am very eager to crew and improve my sailing knowledge.  She suggested I reach out to fleet captains to inquire about crewing.  I have very limited sailing experience, but I am a physically fit, quick learning, and dedicated individual.  I am not sure how all this works, but ideally I would like to find a boat/crew that I could stay with each season.  Not sure if that is typical or not.  I would very much like to know if there are any crewing opportunities this season.
Kind regards,
Sonny Miles
952-250-0685
sonnymiles at gmail.com