[Capri25] 2020 season - stories & photos

Hermann Klaas hermannklaas at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:52:14 CDT 2020

Well, I got almost no feedback re: this past season, but maybe that shouldn't come as a big surprise. Or, perhaps you were scrambling to get your boat hauled out and into storage. Regardless, I'd like to expand the search to include thoughts about next year. What are you most looking forward to (hopefully) having back again in 2021?

Personally, I think what this past season illustrated is that racing alone isn't enough, at least not in our fleet. And sadly, some of our crew members weren't able to participate at all due to crew limits. I'm optimistic that next year will be a whole lot better - that we'll have the entire fleet back in the water, race with full crew and trophies on the line, host a fantastic C-dock party in Aug, and pull out all the stops in Sept for SoTN. Sure, there might still be safety measures in place, but let's all get through this winter in good health, and make 2021 a fun and rewarding season!

Lastly, please remember to verify eligibility for trophy frames and glassware and opt-in as desired here: https://www.wyc.org/seasonclose. Unlike "normal" years, if you do nothing by the posted deadlines (11/1 for frames, 11/4 for glasses), it'll be assumed that you don't want those items this year.

-Hermann