[Ensign] WYC COVID Adjustments

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 05:40:05 CDT 2021

Friends,

I had really hoped by now that COVID would be a distant and unpleasant memory. Alas, the Delta variant is very present. WYC is committed to keeping staff, members, and the wider community as safe a possible.  Accordingly we're making the following adjustments;

Adding signage to the entry doors - "WYC is following the CDC recommendation that you wear a mask indoors, regardless of your vaccination and/or immunity status"

Limiting indoor capacity to 25 people for general use. The club can continued to be rented for private events, although we urge caution.

Limiting the kitchen area to four people with masks while working

Limiting use of the indoor space for club business. Example, the next BOD meeting will be via ZOOM only.

We will erect the tent on the lawn for the regatta events. Specifically SoTN, Fall Regatta and Chili Feed, and the Ugotta to provide outdoor shelter.

We will continue to monitor city, state, and federal entities.

In the meantime, if you don’t feel well, and/or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay away from the club. Finally, I urge you to continue to be courteous and mindful of those fellow members who may be more vulnerable to the virus than you.

Regards,  Andy

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore