[Ensign] WYC - 7/29/2021 Tonight’s racing has been abandoned.

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Thu Jul 29 15:47:55 CDT 2021

All - 7/29/2021 Tonight’s racing has been abandoned.

The club leadership has taken this decision early for the safety of our staff, volunteers, and club members. By way of explanation. The Air Quality Index in the Twin Cities is in the “Unhealthy” category. It is worse to the north. Breeze is also coming from the north, which will exacerbate the situation. Visibility is also an issue. Reports a few moments ago indicate Spirit Island is invisible from WYC.

While we realize some will be disappointed. Sorry. The health and wellbeing of our staff and members is a priority. There is plenty of racing available throughout the rest of the season.

Andy