[J22-Fleet 1]2004 Dave Cool Icebreaker

Lovald, Peter Peter.Lovald at mts.com
Tue Apr 27 11:08:05 CDT 2004

Hello everybody,

It is the time of year again where you throw the rake away, get the moth
balls out of the sails, call the crew, and haul that boat down to the lake
to test drive the new WYC crane.  The fact that you can immediately go out
and race your heart out is just an added bonus!

It's going to be a great regatta this year!  We have great sponsors:  As
always our own Tom Griffin of Bodhi fame has generously donated enough
Absolut Vodka, hats and t-shirts to make us all happy one way or the other
(rumors has it that he had so much fun playing bartender last year that he
is going to follow up the success this year).  Liz Greene from Evergreene
Jewelers has donated not only a fantastic Citicen watch that will be
raffled, but watches for the top 3 skippers and gift certificates for the
top 3 crew.  If that wasn't enough, Cheryl Paul, whom you would know from
keeping the race committee in check, and her colleagues Constance Koopman
and Joe Holmes from Great River Real Estate & Financial Services will serve
us breakfast during the regatta.  Thanks to all of you for your generous
donations.
Put-in, registration, and weigh-in starts at noon on Friday, April 30th and
continues until we have everybody in the water!  You can also register and
weigh in on Saturday morning from 7:30 until 9:30.  We will use our own,
brand new, crane at WYC for the put-in this year.  Make sure you give Bert
and Janda a hug the next time you see them to show our appreciation for this
fantastic addition to our club!
The Icebreaker party will commence immediately after sailing on Saturday May
1st.  Angela Johnson have done a great job planning the party (she knows
how).  She has also promised to model the long anticipated t-shirt!!!!
There will be food, Absolut adult beverages (vodka libations????  It took me
a while to figure that on out, but I think it means the "pouring of vodka as
a religious ritual".  Whatever gets you going!) and beer.  I am, however,
sorry to report that we couldn't find anybody to hold a presentation for
this gathering so you will have to stick to the weather channel this time!
See you this weekend,
Jappa
PS  The rumors are correct, Lars will not be sailing the Icebreaker this
year!  The odds of winning a Citizen watch just went up!