[J22-Fleet 1]2006 NA's Update

Joe T Turner thorn_turner at uhc.com
Wed Apr 27 10:27:56 CDT 2005

Hello everyone,

Here are a few updates on the planning for the 2006 NA's to add to the rumors
and lies being told this weekend.

The dates have been set for Sept. 11-15, 2006.  The tentative schedule is in the
proposal which I'll have on hand this weekend (can't e-mail it here due to
size).

We've also had a couple of small planning meetings so far, with the goal of
getting a preliminary logo and web site ready in time for the 2005 event in May
in Oklahoma City.  (If you're planning on going to OCBC, please let John Klick
or myself know so we can get shirts and caps for you and your team to wear.)

We would like to have a more strategic planning meeting in early June to go over
the budget, sponsorship and development of a workplan leading up to the event.
Please let me know if you would like to be involved in any of these.  There will
be MANY more opportunities to get involved as the event approaches.  Other areas
where we'll need help are Housing, Social, Media relations, Registration,
Mooring, Spectator support, etc.

Any questions in the meantime, please let me know.  Look forward to seeing
everyone this weekend.

Thorn