[J22-Fleet 1]J22 launching

llpiersol at aol.com llpiersol at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 13:05:53 CDT 2005

I would like some advice.  I have sailed a variety of boats for a long time (not very well) but never a J22.  I am thinking about buying a J22 to sail here in South Dakota.  I will usually be solo dry sailing so I would like to know how much problem there might be to get a J22 off of a trailer with rollers and a tongue extender (there are no hoists available), and also how much problem getting it back on the trailer at a typical concrete boat ramp. My other question is raising the mast alone which I have done with other boats using a pulley and line on the bow.  Is there any quidance device on the market that would help that process?  Thank you for any suggestions or advice you can give, including "are you nuts".  My email is llpiersol at aol.com and daytime telephone is 605-330-4505. Thanks again,  Larry Piersol