[J22-Fleet 1] J22 Western Great Lakes Districts Championship 2005 - The Evergreene Cup

Lovald, Peter Peter.Lovald at mts.com
Fri Sep 16 14:18:15 CDT 2005

Hello Everybody,

The forecast is favorable, Roger has found crew, the stars are probably
aligned and the time has come for the annual J22 Districts Championship
and the first ever Evergreene Cup.

Liz Greene, of Evergreene Jewelers fame, has once again shown her
support for our sport in general and the J22 fleet #1 in particular by
not only donating prices but also a "helluva" nice trophy - The
Evergreene Cup.  The cup is a traveling trophy to be awarded to the
winner of the J22 Districts Championship every year!  I believe this
will fast become a coveted trophy along the lines of Americas Cup and
other famous sailing trophies.  Make sure you thank Liz for her
continued support!

Evergreene is not alone in supporting this event.  Michelob and
Budweiser are supplying refreshments aplenty as well as Diamond Reef
Sails&Canvas who is buying a keg for the festivities.  West Marine,
Helly Hansen and Quantum Sails are supplying more prices.  It'll pay of
to stick around for the awards ceremony this year!

Registration starts at 5PM today!  No need to go home for dinner, go
straight to the club, get weighed and check out Bill's famous E-boat
bar!  You can also register tomorrow morning, EARLY.  This is a must not
miss event!  Fierce competition will be had.  Maybe just one more chance
to whop the "Weed" Buggy team.  Unfortunately (for us) Lars is off
taking the budding young scientist, Otto, to college but I am sure he
has rounded up a "killer" team to run the 865 in a ultra competitive
fashion.  I also hear rumors of J24 sailors claiming they can teach us a
lesson or two (right)???  Who can resist taking on such a line-up!

Finally, I would like to thank Nick Anderson for not only organizing the
regatta party; he has also gotten Evergreene, Michelob/Budweiser and
Quantum on board as sponsors.  Make sure you show your appreciation by
eating and drinking well on Saturday and give him a BIG HUG if you
happen to see him.  Thanks Nick!  I would also like to thank George
Hansen for his relentless and repeated pursuit of sponsors for the
fleet!  It means a lot to me personally that you guys and others stepped
up to make this a great regatta.  THANKS!!

Jappa