[J22-Fleet 1] NA's Mooring

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 22:54:00 CDT 2006

Fleet 1,

  As most of you are aware, due to the number of competitors, we're working with people on the B, C and D docks to move their boats for the regatta.

  This is good problem to have!  However, it's huge logistically.  It will involve most of them sailing to either Minnetonka or Shorewood YC's on Sunday the 10th following the race.  We will then need to pick them up by either car or boat.  Hauling out and storing at Wayzata Bay Center is also an option, we would then offer to assist.

  Here's what you can do:

  1.  We have spoken with a number of people on these docks, including most of the Capri Fleet.  Please work with at least one boat (preferably more) from those docks and take responsibility for helping them to relocate.  Anywhere they can safely anchor or raft up is fine, the closer to the club the better (remember they'll need help returning to WYC following the regatta).

  2.  Help pick people up after the race on the 10th (big cars or boats here will help) - if a non-sailing family member or friend can do this so much the better.

  3.  Put a Sonar on your lift during the regatta.

  4.  THANK everyone involved for their support in our event.

  We have already spoken to a number of people and we have agreement in principle, we just now need to get each boat taken care of.

  George Hansen is coordinating this, please contact him with any questions at george at pcspeed.com.

  Thanks -

  Thorn