FW: [J22-Fleet 1] Discussion Thread - Z Course

George Hansen george at pcspeed.com
Tue Jun 20 13:04:02 CDT 2006

FYI -  additional comments about the z course

Is it just me....
I try try try to stay out of the middle on Thurday nights. With the Z
courses I find that I'm now forced to go to only one side because if you go
the other way you're stuck in the middle of the other course. Also, the wave
action in the middle of the course seems extra nasty.

I haven't had time to review this on Kattack or gossip about it much, so
maybe I'm all wrong.
Sorry if I'm off topic. Have a consistent color and shape on each side of
the course and I think we'll all (including the RC) eventually get it
figured out. And big marks, Macy's parade size marks.
Dallas

Hello George,
When you forwarded Bert's "Two new Z courses", I noticed that they were both
examples of R courses. No mention that a change in the L courses would have
to be made also (L courses have to finish at the R course finish line).  Am
I correct?
Bob Slocum
bslocum at earthlink.net

Bert,

If I can comment without rattling any cages. If the J-22s and Capri's are on
the same course, the Capri's will normally sail into the J-22 fleet. The
Capri's generally do not want the O course if at all possible. It would seem
logical to me to alternate courses with each successive start sending the
J-24s, J-22s, and S2 7.9s to one course and the Sonars, Capri's  and MORC to
the other. The Ensigns could go to the same side as the J-24s and the PERF 1
could run the same side as the Capris if that helps seperate fleets that
start together. Just one mans opinion. Thanks.

Dutch Bull
dbull at versaim.com