[J22-Fleet 1] Discussion Thread - Z Course

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 13:15:54 CDT 2006

I think you're right on the money Dallas.  Offsetting the left course
to leeward (as the RC has been doing) sends a stream of boats rounding
the left mark and sailing on port tack right into the right side
rounding mark.  As a result you create more congestion on the right
side course, and especially at the rounding mark.

Atleast with everyone on the same course, all the boats are heading the
same direction.  With the trapazoids, you've got boats going different
directions.  This is fine if the sides are well seperated, but the way
the course has been set up, they overlap and it really messes things
up.