[J22-Fleet 1] RE:

George Hansen george at pcspeed.com
Tue May 2 16:17:53 CDT 2006

Terry,
Hello, and thank you for your email.  I am happy to hear you are interested
in racing in our J22 fleet.  There are (2) ways to get connected with our
fleet.  The first is to send out an email expressing your interest in
crewing for a J22 race.  The best way to do that is to go to our J22 webpage
at Wayzata Yacht Club.  You will need to subscribe to our list server - and
then you can send an email out to everyone on the J22 email list.  Simply
reiterate what you have typed here....included your experience,
availability, size, and contact info.   http://www.wyc.org/j22/default.htm
(site is down right now - should be up in a day or so)  email list is
j22 at lists.wyc.org

The 2nd way is to come out to a Sunday or Thursday night race.  At WYC there
is a 'looking to crew' table.  You will be able to find a ride there - not
necessarily a ride on a J22, but it will give you the chance to get involved
in our club and meet people who are out racing.  I always encourage people
who show up to a race to email the list server, then show up at the crew
table, and consider walking the docks and introducing yourself to J22 teams.

Those are the best ways to get out there.  I hope that helps.  I look
forward to seeing you on the water.  Thank you - George

George Hansen

J22 Fleet # 1 Captain/WYC BOD

George at pcspeed.com

612-940-2702 cell