[J22-Fleet 1] Spring training

James Fraser jamie at widernets.com
Fri May 5 18:26:24 CDT 2006

> One of the smartest things the club has done is the spring training
> sessions affectionately known as "the Bert and Ernie Show" These
> sessions give new comers a chance to see what its all about. These are
> the people that later become crews and boat owners and help build the
> J22 fleet and the WYC.

Hi all,

I've got a quick question related to this. I'm new to the area, and
looking to get involved in one of the local fleets. I've got a few (3)
years of crew experience in Chicago's T-10 fleet, one of the more
competitive one-designs there.

Would these Bert-n-Ernie mornings be appropriate for me? Or am I stealing
a ride intended for a less experienced sailor? Should I wait and find a
comfortable spot at the Ride Wanted table on Thursday? From what I've
heard so far, it sounds like the J fleets might be the best match for my
interests.

Spring sailing fever is hitting hard!
Thanks for any input...
James Fraser
(5'8" 170# (but I need an excuse to get off the winter 10lb.))