[J22-Fleet 1] Spring training

Lars Hansen lars at thestudio-mpls.com
Fri May 5 12:03:11 CDT 2006

One of the best things about the Wayzata Yacht club is the growth of our
club. What other club has been so successful?

One of the smartest things the club has done is the spring training
sessions affectionately known as "the Bert and Ernie Show" These
sessions give new comers a chance to see what its all about. These are
the people that later become crews and boat owners and help build the
J22 fleet and the WYC.

We need to support this especially this year with the J22 North American
Championship at WYC. The way to support the training sessions is to be
there with your boat. You don't need a crew as a matter of fact it is
better if you don't bring a crew. Just be there with your boat and some
crappy old sails. A crew will be organized for you and out you go. The
whole point is you get to see some potential new crew members and they
get to go sailing. It takes a couple of hours on Saturday morning and
then you have the afternoon free.

Best case scenario you find a new crew member, worst case you go sailing
for the morning in support of our club.

We need you out there.

Lars

http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Saturdays.htm