[J22-Fleet 1] NA's Meeting - CHANGE OF LOCATION

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 21:20:26 CDT 2006

Fleet 1,

  I turns out we have a schedule conflict tomorrow night at WYC, so Mary Foster has graciously agreed to let us use her house as a meeting place for tomorrow evening (while Terry is running a sail trim clinic at WYC...)

  Their address is 105 Crabapple Lane, Excelsior, 55331.  For those mapquest-challenged among you, turn east on Crabapple off of Highway 19, approximately 3/4 mile north of the Smithtown Rd. light, or about 1 mile south of the Narrows bridge.

  Thanks Mary for having us!

  The agenda for the meeting:

   Sponsorship update
   Opening ceremony update
   City of Wayzata update
   Regatta program
   Mooring
   Club preparation
   On-water support
   Other new items
  The good news here is we are in great shape, have a title sponsor and are well on our way.  However, there's still a great deal to be done.

  A lot of people are asking how they can help.  THANK YOU!  There will be a ton of things to do in the next several months that we're still figuring out.  My goal over the next month is to finalize the details and get a handle on the "little things" that need to be done.  I will bring project plans that need to be filled out to the meeting.

  Other things you can do in the meantime:

   REGISTER FOR THE REGATTA (www.j22northamericans.com)
   Pre-register (i.e. pay) by sending a check to Mary Foster for $250 to the address above (this will help with seed money).
   Plan on assisting with the ADA / Capri Worlds in Friday June 16 and Saturday, June 17 (details tbd).
   Offer to house a team or partial team for the regatta; send your accomodation capabilities to Judy Woellner at judywoellner at hotmail.com
   Attend the MYC J-22 Fleet's Grill n' Chill on Wednesday, June 21 at MYC ($10, great dinner and evening on MYC island - take one for the team and attend).