[J22-Fleet 1] Kattack Discussion

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 21:44:40 UTC 2007

Rebuttals and other points:

I went online and checked out the latest version of the player
available there.  They have improved the charting function so that you
can play only a few boats at a time, I like this.  Now you can compare
yourself to Lars without 10 other boats overlaying and obscuring the
charts.  If the other promised upgrades come to fruition, I think this
would develop into a much better tool and not just the "fun toy" that I
felt it was last year.

963's current delimna is who is going to buy the GPS?  Between Dave and
myself we own 5, and none of them are on the "recommended" list.  I'm
working to find out if one of them can indeed be used, or if I can ebay
my old GPS to fund the purchase of a new one.

On protests, I'm a big fan of the truth.  Last year we had a incident
where the GPS data was used to determine which boats went which way on
the course.  So what?  That was fine.  I still think that data should
have been used to show the course was not straight and should have
therefore been thrown out--but I digress.  It is nothing more than
additional information that needs to be weighed with the proper
relevance in addition to testimony brought by the competitors.  I think
we have to trust the protest committee to apply the information gleened
from the system in an appropriate manner.

Will we sign up?  Yes.  The only reason we haven't yet is that we're
working out the details of the GPS purchase and we've been doing that
via phone tag and email, which is really slow.

Mike (of 963, aka "Who's Driving", aka "Goes to Eleven"  -we're trying
out some new names)