[J22-Fleet 1] **Notice of Vote - Ballot Attached - April 29/2007 - 12pm (noon) Voting Deadline**

Michael Bowers msbowers_55431 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 20:58:22 UTC 2007

I have to echo some of Pat's comments.  Unfortunately I was not at the
fleet meeting where these ideas were discussed.

I view items 1 and 2 to be contradictory to the intent of item 3.  I
also think there is an assumption that there HAS to be average points
awarded.  There are not currently average points (that I know of) and
this should also be an option to vote for.

For item 3, my assumption is that the Fleet Captain would have the
option to de-classify a scheduled champ race because 1 or more boats
that are vieing for the fleet championship have gone off to race at a
North American or World Championship and represent our club and fleet
at a highly visible event.  This or a natural disaster, in which case I
hope people would be more concerned for their family and property than
the standing in a fleet race, are the only reasons I could see for the
fleet captain to assert this athority.

If a race is declassified, there would be no reason to award average
points.

I do not think it makes sense at the begining of the season to not
schedule a champ race against a NA's or World's however, since there is
no gaurantee that a member of our fleet will go, or if they do,
neccessarily care about their standing in the series.  I think it makes
sense in this situation for the fleet captain to take the apporpriate
action.

Unless I'm completely missing the point?  Was there another reason for
item 3 on this list?  The situation last year at the end of the season,
in my mind, would have fallen under the guise of a NA's and would have
been to the discresion of the fleet captain to de-classify because most
of the fleet was still reeling from hosting the NA's.

Despite my views, I still laud the attempt to get this stuff down on
paper and presented and voted on by the fleet.  Please don't take my
comments as an attempt to create chaos.  I still think it is a better
idea to have a rule that we can work with than to have random musings
and no basis for direction.

Mike