[J22-Fleet 1] **Notice of Vote - Ballot Attached - April29/2007 - 12pm (noon) Voting Deadline**

John Dyer dyer.john at slpschools.org
Mon Apr 23 18:12:33 UTC 2007

George and Friends,

This discussion has been great. Obviously a lot of energy out there to make
the J22 fleet even better.

My 2 cents worth is that rather than restrict voting to boat owners,
wouldn't it encourage participation to allow a vote to WYC members who are
also J22 class members? I think the input of non-boat owners such Jon
Noller, Kurt Holtze, Mike Bowers, Billy Allen, Robbie Evans, Kevin Kenney
and others is valuable. Valuable enough to deserve a vote.

The J22 is not a starter boat. Racers frequently, if not typically, migrate
from other fleets to the boat: Lars from Lasers, Billy from E Scows, Mike
from Snipes & Tech Dingys, Thorn from Scows, Dallas from Capri 25's, etc.
That migration frequently leads to a middle or bow position and perhaps a
chance to steer now and again. This builds the fleet with talent and future
boat owners.

So let's take the long view and continue to encourage that migration and let
middle and bow folks, as well as prospective racers, know we value their
input and that they can have a voice in the direction of the fleet. For most
of them it's just the extra $45 for the J22 membership. Win-win.

Best,

John