[J22-Fleet 1] Fw: Matt and Cynthia Burns

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Aug 21 18:29:34 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone, Steve Paidosh asked me to forward this to the fleet. dj

Dear J22 Fleet,

Matt Burns, the gentleman that trims for me on Thursday evenings, was in a car/scooter accident Wednesday, August 8th. Matt and his wife Cynthia were traveling home from a work function on their new Vespa Scooter when a car rear ended them on County 44.

Both Matt and Cynthia were thrown from the scooter. Cynthia died at the scene and Matt is pretty banged up.

Cynthia left behind their one year daughter Andrea and their four year old son Matthew. Some of you that know Matt are already aware of this but I wanted to get more information out to the rest of the fleet.

A funeral was held for Cynthia Monday, August 13th in the Twin Cities and this week the family is traveling to Merida in the Yucatan for Cynthia's funeral in Mexico were she will be laid to rest.

I apologize for getting this information out so late to the fleet and want to thank the Wayzata Yacht Club for the flowers sent to the family for Matt. I don't know if we will see Matt out sailing for the remainder of this year but hopefully he will return next year. A web site has been established to keep people informed and to schedule any support for Matt and the kids. The web site is http://friendsformatt.pbwiki.com/ .

StarTribune:  http://www.legacy.com/startribune/obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=92461173

Thanks

Steve Paidish (699)

 (Office)   763-494-5433