[J22-Fleet 1] A Series Party

George george at pcspeed.com
Wed Jun 13 17:35:21 UTC 2007

Here is my last email in plain text format...

A Series Party
Celebrate the Aloha Spirit – and join us:
HAWAIIAN LUAU – A SERIES PARTY
Hosted by J22 Fleet # 1
Sunday June 17, 2007
4pm @ WYC
Hawaiian BBQ and Wapatui - $12/Adults - $3/kids
Best Shirt & Skirt Awards

Can you believe it is the end of the A series already ?  J22 Fleet #1 owns the A series party – and this year is going to be great.  We are proudly hosting a Hawaiian Luau for the entire club.  Here is what we need to do and where you can help.
       Food:
Sell Tickets – Clean Up  (2-3 boats to help with this)
       Drinks:
Club will provide Beer.  We will be doing a Wapatui.   J22 will do one – and J24 may do the other.  Each J22 needs to bring one of the following:
(1)   Large bottle of Vodka or Rum
(1)   Fruit (bag of Oranges, Apples, Pineapple, kiwis, etc) to be used in Wap
We will need someone to make and serve Wap.  (2-3 boats to help with this)
       Fleet Promotion:
Clear out the closets…J22 NAs and Icebreaker T-shirts will be available  We will need someone to man this post.  (1-boat to help with this)
       Contest:
Best Shirt/Skirt.  Be sure to wear your best Hawaiian Shirt or skit.  Prizes for the winners !
       General:
I will need some help with setup and Decorations(right after racing) and clean up.  Let me know if you can help – and if you have any questions.

Crew Drive:
Along with the A series party - we will also be hosting WYC Crew Drive.  We will be encouraging all of the ‘regulars’ at WYC to become crew members…so if your crew is not signed up - Sunday is the day.

WSF Fundraising
The Wayzata Sailing Foundation will be out again this Sunday raising money for their new home.  This will be the chance to put your stamp on what promises to be a huge opportunity for WSF and our club.  This is for the kids, for the J22 fleet, for the Wayzata Yacht Club, and most importantly – for all of us.  Let’s step up and make a difference.  Click hear to learn more…

Father’s Day
All this on Father’s Day ?  That’ right.  Get your Father’s day plans in early – or better yet, bring you Dad to the club ☺  And Dad’s, don’t forget your kids – bring ‘em out ! If you have not been out lately, here is your chance.  Join us for sailing, food and fun.  What more could a Dad ask for ?

Let me know where you want to help.  I Hope to see you all on Sunday !
George