[J22-Fleet 1] mysl.org

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Nov 13 19:54:01 UTC 2007

Rumor has it that winter is approaching. Our family will again be doing the youth x-country skiing program this year at Baker Park.  It's all pretty casual, inexpensive, and fun; just like youth sailing used to be.

This is a kids program but there's always room for parents to hang out, ski on your own, or help with classes. Younger kids (5-6-7) need a parent with them to help out, but you don't need to wear skis.
  a.. Sign-up opens up in a few weeks/days online at http://www.mysl.org
  b.. Cost is cheap, prices are not up yet but 8 weeks of skiing is less than a day of sailing.
  c.. Baker Park classes are Sundays 1/9 through 2/17 from 1:00 to 2:30.
  d.. We're in the Baker Park program, but there are programs at all the major ski areas. http://www.mysl.org/clubs or http://www.mysl.org/clubs/bakerpark
  e.. The annual ski swap is this Saturday. It's a good place to get inexpensive gear. (I would budget $125 for youth skis, poles, and boots) http://www.mysl.org/events/skiswap
  f.. You can rent decent equipment at the park if you don't want to buy gear. (probably $100 for the entire season)
If you have an interest, please call me with questions about classes or equipment.

dallas
952-931-9108